Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hope for Quicken 7 users and Lion.

There may be hope for Mac Quicken 2007 users. It looks like Intuit is looking to make Quicken 2007 compatible with Lion. The bummer? I already transferred all of my accounts to iBank, which I like fine, so transferring back will be a slight messy task.




 A letter from Intuit...


Dear Quicken Mac Customer:

As a fellow Mac fan and customer, I wanted to personally introduce myself,

and share some highlights of our Apple-related efforts with you.

I recently became General Manager of the Personal Finance Group at Intuit, 

responsible for Quicken and Mint.com. Intuit's 25 years of leadership in 
personal financial management software makes me excited to lead this team 
and I am committed to creating products to help you reach your financial goals.

I recognize, however, that we have not always delivered on this promise to

Quicken Mac customers.

As you may know, Quicken for Mac 2007 does not currently work on 

Apple's latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). I understand the frustration
this may have caused you and have put a team in place to address this issue.
I am happy to announce that we will have a solution that makes 
Quicken 2007 for Mac "Lion-compatible" by early spring. 
There are still details to be worked out, so I ask your continued patience as we 
work through these.
 In the meantime, you can find more information on our Mac FAQ page.

Working toward a Quicken for Mac 2007 solution is just a first step in winning

 back your confidence.

We are expanding our development team to continue our renewed 
focus on personal  finance solutions that suit the needs of our Mac customers. 
As we develop solutions, we'll be looking to you and the rest of our 
Mac customers for ideas and feedback.

I understand we have a way to go, but I wanted to start by communicating 

our commitment to Mac and look forward to sharing the details with 
you as they emerge.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Quicken.

Sincerely,

Aaron Forth
General Manager, Intuit Personal Finance Group 

No comments:

Post a Comment