Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Macmama

Does Your Computer Tech Speak Klingon?
 “I feel like I have been hit on the head with a blunt object!” This was what a client said to me after a visit from a home support computer company who “fixed” her laptop. After he was done “cleaning up”, she couldn’t find her files or access her email and he spoke in such techno-jargon, that she said, “I felt like a complete idiot!”
Many folks get a computer with great hopes of saving time and organizing their businesses, schedules and finances, and then get distressed when things start to go wrong. The printer doesn’t work, email gets stuck, they can’t hook up their digital camera. No one told them about these complications at the Apple store! Or their adult kids buy them a Mac, and then get impatient with their endless questions about operating the new arrival in the house. Often times when I arrive at a client’s home, they tell me that they are ready to throw their “time saver” out the window.
For me, this is my perfect client. I’m a middle-aged, menopausal, straight talking woman with years of experience and people skills . I’m also a professional musician (www.veretskipass.com). I have been a teacher for 30 years and am a patient and thorough professional, a mixture of a software and system technician and a hand holder. I also specialize in teaching computer skills to children as well as seniors. If I can teach my 82 year old Hungarian mother how to enjoy her laptop, I can teach anyone. I just moved here from the east coast, and I look forward to serving the Bay Area. But just remember, I support Macs only, that's right, I don’t do Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment